Wi-Fi Router Placement Guide
The purpose of this guide is to provide you with tips & tricks for Wi-Fi router placement within your home, so you may receive an optimal connectivity.
- Central location: Place the Wi-Fi router in the middle of your home.
- Don’t place the Wi-Fi router on the floor: Try to place the router at a height (on top of a shelf, table or mantelpiece)
- Router should not be placed in a trolley/cupboard/underneath stairs: Do not place the router where Wi-Fi signals will be obstructed.
- Don’t place the router next to a window: Doing so will cause Wi-Fi signals to travel outside.
- Keep router away from other electronics: Do not place the router near microwaves, refrigerators or cordless phones. Furthermore, the router should not be placed in a kitchen or areas with metallic surfaces as this will impact the quality of the Wi-Fi signal in your home.
- Avoid thick walls: Do not place the router next to a thick wall. Concrete and bricks tend to absorb Wi-Fi signal instead of reflecting.
Followed the tips & tricks above but still facing problems? This may be due to the large size of your house or obstructions which are preventing full reach of the Wi-Fi signals.
Please click here <www.ptcl.com.pk/wifi> to select from a wide range of Wi-Fi extender devices with convenient Cash-on-Delivery. These devices help to expand the coverage of Wi-Fi signals within your home.